If you’re a Shopify seller, wondering if TikTok Store should be a tool in your seller’s arsenal?
It’s only been a few years since Shopify added TikTok to its portfolio of social media channels and now that everything is set, merchants can strengthen their relationship with their customers by adding a Shopify tab to their TikTok account for business TikTok.
It is called TikTok Shopping, but many people call it TikTok Store.
Let’s take a look at the market, look at some of the benefits of adding TikTok Shopping to your marketing plan, and walk through the process.
Why bother with the TikTok store?
This is an amazing opportunity for a Shopify Store online business. The TikTok market is huge and growing fast.
Originally, TikTok’s audience was young (around Gen Z 25 and under), but that has recently changed to an older audience. As a Shopify seller, you’ll probably be interested in this, because the “older” generation often has smaller pockets!
In 2021, TikTok has 78.7 million users in the United States, 47.4% of whom are under the age of 29. But that doesn’t mean ignoring the over 50% who are 30+!
What is TikTok and why is it different?
TikTok is a social media platform that focuses on videos. Quality is not as important as on other sites like Instagram. More information about the content or story, it can be more interesting.
From a business perspective, not having to worry about taking top-notch photos can be a good thing, and it’s also less of a burden on your budget.
Add to that the fact that telling a lot of stories using video can arguably give you the opportunity to explain some of the benefits of your product, and the whole market area is more interesting.
The icing on the cake is that in TikTok you don’t need to have a lot of followers to show your content. You can have zero subscribers, post one video, and get millions of views. Well, that’s an exciting prediction, isn’t it? Especially considering that TikTok has hundreds of millions of users worldwide and that number is growing rapidly.
Here are some amazing statistics according to Backlinko in January 2022.
- TikTok has one billion monthly active users.
- TikTok has been downloaded three billion times.
- TikTok monthly users in the US have exceeded 100 million, or 37.36% of the 267.6 million US mobile internet users, an increase of 800% in 20 months.
- In the United States, on average, TikTok users spend 33 minutes a day using the app. (In total, that’s a staggering 53 minutes per day.)
And here are some fun facts about Shopify’s TikTok:
- One in four viewers on TikTok researched or bought a product after watching a TikTok video.
- 81% of TikTok viewers plan to spend one or more hours on TikTok in the next six months.
- 43% of “heavy” TikTok users believe that “advertising” on TikTok is more successful than content.
- 50% of TikTok viewers say that they have discovered new products through the ads of the published version.
What did TikTok say about the performance of their mega channel?
According to TikTok, 71% of TikTok users believe that compared to other sites and apps they use, TikTok videos have a greater impact on their lives.
This is another gem for marketers: 79% of TikTok users believe that the platform inspires them to try new things in real life.
So, go back to your Shopify store and sell on TikTok.
TikTok Stores for Shopify Sellers
If you have a TikTok For Business account, you can add a Shopify tab to your TikTok profile. This tab is the shopping cart icon.
Add this tab, and connect your product catalog to your TikTok profile and have a small display of your products. You also have links for interested viewers to go directly to your Shopify store to purchase your products.
You can also tag products in organic TikTok posts.
So your TikTok audience can choose to shop directly on your storefront or click on a product featured in your TikTok video post to go to your Shopify store. Just think about the power to put that into your product. You can show how to guide, show – live – how your product works, or show people actually using your wonderful product.
“in one of the fastest growing social media and entertainment systems in the world. We’re excited to help the next generation of entrepreneurs connect with their audiences in new ways, with TikTok as our visionary partner,” said Harley Finkelstein, CEO of Shopify. said.”
Let’s see how to set up your TikTok store.
TikTok Store for Shopify Sellers: A Seller’s Guide
This guide assumes you have a Shopify store and a TikTok account for business (commonly referred to as an “ad account”).
If you don’t have a Shopify store, you’ll need to create one and create a TikTok account for business. You can use the TikTok app on Shopify. (Note that you can use the TikTok for Shopify app in some markets, including the US and UK.)
There are three ways to create a TikTok For Business account so you can use the TikTok app on Shopify:
- Click the Create Account button under the Settings tab in the TikTok and Shopify app.
- Click the Connect Account button under the Settings tab of the TikTok and Shopify app, then click Sign Up to sign up.
- Create a TikTok ad management account
If you already have a TikTok account for business, follow these steps to connect it to your Shopify store:
- Click Connect Account under the Settings tab in Shopify and enter your login information.
- All social media accounts that you have administrative rights to will be displayed upon login.
- Select the specific account you want to connect to Shopify and click Connect.
If your social media account doesn’t show up after signing in, check that you have the correct administrative rights. Also note that you can connect your Shopify store to a TikTok group for business or social media accounts.
Then you need support. Due to its global presence, TikTok has strong policies to comply with all kinds of laws and customs around the world. Learn more about TikTok’s advertising policy.
You can see the approval status of your Shopify ad account at any time. It will appear as one of these three.
- Not ready – this usually means that your application is still under review or missing information. You can check if it’s the latest by clicking Update in TikTok Ads Manager. If anything is missing, fill them in.
- Accepted – congratulations, you’re ready to start selling.
- Unavailable – you will see this if you cancel your account or delete it for another reason. If so, you will need to create a new social media account.
For the purposes of this guide, let’s assume you’re set up.
Once you have a TikTok app on Shopify, you can:
- Choose a payment method to confirm and start submitting ads.
- With one click, automatically add a pixel code for tracking purposes.
- Set up a conversion campaign from scratch and Shopify has tips for creating a campaign.
- Target your audience through a combination of demographics, geographic and behavioral variables.
- Create TikTok-style videos by uploading your product videos and images and selecting TikTok creatives.
- Get a quick snapshot of all campaign performance data in your reporting dashboard to better understand your conversions and optimize your campaigns.
Once you’ve installed the TikTok app on Shopify and created or connected a TikTok ad management account to your Shopify store, you’re ready to set up your business.
Tip… TikTok Ads Manager is a functional part of TikTok for business pages. You use TikTok’s ad management tools to launch campaigns, manage ad resources, analyze your data and optimize your ad.
What is TikTok Ads Manager?
There are four main points:
- Dashboard – This is a control where you can get an overview of your data and track your campaign activity and budget.
- Campaigns – This is your campaign details area where you can create campaigns and manage your campaigns and campaigns.
- Assets – This is where you create, manage and store all your social media assets such as additional followers, site pixels, creatives and featured audiences.
- Stories – This is where you can customize stories or use pre-written story templates. You can also schedule reports at specific times, such as every Friday.
Shopify Setup Guide: Marketing Setup
How to set up paid marketing:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin.
- Select TikTok under Marketing Channels, and get started now.
- Create a new account or connect a TikTok account for an existing transaction.
- Choose whether you want standard, enhanced, or maximum data sharing.
- Click to install the Shopify pixel for tracking purposes.
How to set up a sales catalog:
This step comes when you set up paid sales above.
- Under the Sales Catalog, click Order Now.
- Choose a TikTok business or add an account to connect your product catalog.
- Select a sales catalog location.
- To choose the products you want to feature in your TikTok ad, click Manage Products.
- Wait for support.
How to run a video marketing campaign
- Go to TikTok ad management to start a new campaign, then select shopping as the ad target and fill in the other settings.
- In Store Settings, select the store you want to promote, and select Video Marketing as the promotion type. Once you have installed
- Create your ad by selecting the products you want to promote under Products. The ad landing page will be automatically generated in the preview. If everything is OK, click Submit.
Manage your store using TikTok Manager
You can access the TikTok store management through a TikTok account for your business or a TikTok business location. In it you can:
- Use the Products tab to add and remove products from your store.
- Use the Analytics tab to check the performance of your store and product links.
- Use the Ads tab to create ad accounts and campaigns.
Don’t forget to promote your TikTok feed on your website
Use apps like Vop so customers can shop on TikTok from your Shopify store. You can add video listings to your store page and product page.
Finally, here are some creative tips for you
- Check out the TikTok creative agency to see what others are up to.
- Don’t just think visuals, think sound. For help with music, try TikTok Commercial Music Library or TikTok Ads Manager.
- Be careful of trends that jump on the bandwagon if you have great creative ideas.
- Always looking for opportunities to be emotional or funny.
- Remember that the most popular video lengths are usually between 15 and 30 seconds.