No matter where you live or what products you sell on Amazon, one day you may wake up to an annoying email from this platform telling you that your permission to sell has been revoked. Terminating (or deactivating) an Amazon account can happen to any seller out there, but the important thing is to do it and start selling again.
Remember that Amazon is a huge marketplace with over 150,000 sellers. This means that thousands of products are sold every day and the platform needs to make sure that each of these products is safe for customers and that nothing illegal is happening. So, when something suspicious is detected or the response is often negative (and for many other reasons), Amazon will suspend your account.
What is the difference between a suspended Amazon account and a suspended Amazon account? Have you stopped? Why stop even the account? What should a seller do when suspended? In this article, we try to answer these questions.
Amazon Seller Account Termination
Before talking about disabled vs suspended Amazon account, first we need to know what suspension is exactly. When you sell on Amazon, your account can be suspended for many reasons, most of which are harmless. Most of the time, the account will not be suspended for the first small mistake (that’s why you have to read the whole process).
In order to make customers as happy as possible, Amazon can be very good when it comes to accounts and sales standards. So, when one of your products is questionable or causes health problems, negative feedback starts to develop, your numbers drop significantly, or If you don’t meet Amazon’s standards, you may be suspended and no longer sell. The good news is that you can call Amazon and get your account back. So if you’ve received the infamous “Amazon Account Has Been Suspended” email, don’t panic just yet. There is a way to solve this problem.
Why are sellers’ accounts suspended?
As we mentioned before, there are many reasons why your seller account may be suspended. Here are some of the main causes of this problem:
- Your account has the same name as other business accounts
- Your product does not meet the criteria you approved
- One of your products has been reported as invalid
- You get a bad performance review
- You posted prohibited content or images on your page
- You sold a used product as if it were new
- Your product is out of stock
- Your product has been cut
- You have a low price
- Your submission is late or incorrect
- You don’t respond to customers or respond in a timely manner
- You manage multiple accounts
How can you avoid suspending your seller account?
First, you should pay close attention to what you read about usage. Most of the time, we read and accept them without knowing what we are getting into. Each region may have different rules and conditions. If you violate any of these rules, suspension awaits you. Here are some suggestions to help you avoid interruptions:
- Know what you’re doing: Knowing Amazon’s rules and policies is great, but not enough. Amazon updates its guidelines regularly and informs you by email. That’s why it’s important to pay attention to every email that the platform sends you.
- Talk to the experts: As a new seller on Amazon, asking advice from experienced users helps you a lot. Most account suspensions on Amazon happen due to user ignorance. Those who have already sold know what to do and what not to do.
- Check for Warnings: When something happens that Amazon suspends your account, you usually get a warning in advance. So, focus on your email and use email to communicate. Keep the conversation polite and professional.
- Manage your products: Most account suspensions are for bad sales. So you can’t stop if you sell the best products and get the best reviews.
How do I restore a suspended customer account?
Suspended accounts, on their own, can be overwhelming, but reading the word and coming up with a solid plan helps a lot. If you get the dreaded account suspension, follow these steps:
- Be aware of the situation: Your first step should be to understand why it happened. This is also very important as it determines your next steps. The reason for the suspension should be in the email, but if you can’t find it, you can contact support or get professional help.
- Check your product information: After completing the Amazon review, you must know what is wrong with your seller account. Carefully review your ads, your products, and your customer reviews. Find them in the “Customer Metrics” section.
- Make a solid plan: After considering everything, it’s time to send Amazon a suspension complaint. It’s a good idea to write down your plan step by step. Gather the data you need to convince Amazon and explain how you can solve the problem. This letter requires a polite and firm opening, a brief list of the reasons for suspending your account (So that Amazon knows you are aware of the situation), a description of the actions you have taken since the suspension and those you plan to do. in the future, with a sweet and friendly ending. In this process, you may seek the help of a group of experts to guide you.
- Submit your POA: Once you have submitted your POA (Plan of Action), you need to submit it. Go to Seller Central and click on “Advertising Performance” in the “Performance” drop down menu.
- Now open the email Amazon sent you and click on report. You will be given several options for complaint resolution. Choose what you think is best.
- Type POA and provide contact information. Amazon and the authorities will contact you for details.
- Submit your complaint. Amazon Seller Performance will be reviewed.
- Wait patiently. This can take time (sometimes even weeks). Amazon will hear your request and help you relaunch your business.
Amazon seller account cancellation
Another problem that some Amazon sellers face is cancellation. Upon termination, your account will be removed from your possession and you will lose all of your reseller privileges. The good news is that there is a way to appeal to Amazon and get your account back.
Why are Amazon seller accounts disabled?
When dealing with a disabled or suspended Amazon account, you need to know when the account is disabled. Amazon maintains its community well and has zero tolerance for violations. Accounts may be suspended for the following reasons:
- Prohibited Selling: Many products are not allowed on Amazon. Things like drugs, alcohol, paraphernalia, animals and…
- Have multiple accounts: As an individual, you can only have one seller account on Amazon.
- Selling fakes: Amazon wants all products to be authentic. If you are selling a product that is not genuine, you will also be disabled.
How to fix Amazon seller account suspension?
First, don’t rush to file a complaint. As with suspension, you need to gather information and find out the exact cause. After obtaining the required information, follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon Seller Central, then go to Performance. Now click on Health Account.
- Now click Update your account.
- Follow the instructions on the page. You should also include your book in your action plan to solve the problem.
- Click Submit to send your completed complaint to Amazon.
- Now wait for Amazon’s response.
What is the difference between suspended and suspended accounts?
Amazon account suspended vs suspended: So what is the difference between these two situations? Upon termination, Amazon removes your listing and also removes your ability to transfer funds, holding them until you resolve the issue. Also, you can’t sell anything else. A suspension may be a limited “suspension” until the problem is resolved, but a suspension means that you cannot access the account and products. Suspended accounts are still charged. They have a similar behavior, and although it may be difficult, you can also recover the disabled account.
The modern market is owned by creative sellers, but that doesn’t mean you have to ignore the rules. A professional seller on Amazon is a seller who knows exactly what to do and what not to do. So, to avoid suspension or deactivation, the main thing you should do is to read and follow the Terms of Service. Walking a mile in your customers’ shoes is important before you discount their opinions. Try to understand their needs and help them have a pleasant shopping experience. Not only will this keep them coming back to you for more, but it will reduce the rate of negative reviews. We hope this article is useful for you. Thanks for reading.