If you use Helium 10, you’re probably familiar with Scribbles. It was the first Helium 10 tool released in 2016, and it has become a must-have for Amazon FBA sellers.
But, while Scribbles provides an important service, it’s not going well for today’s Amazon FBA sellers, who operate in an increasingly crowded and competitive marketplace.
That’s why Helium 10 has created a Productivity List, a complete tool.
Designed to automate listing creation, Listing Builder guides you through the process, from keyword research to final submission to Seller Central.
With Listing Builder, you can:
- Build an entire Amazon listing – from scratch – right in the Product Builder app
- Upgrade existing listings whenever you want… and keep your variety
- Send the final list to Seller Central for publication
- Monitor your ad status and make immediate changes if necessary
All while using the right tools on the Helium 10 dashboard.
First, familiarize yourself with the Productivity Dashboard
You can access the List Builder from the left navigation column of Helium 10 under “List Builder”. Or just find it in the Tools drop-down menu. Anyway, when you click the link, the Developer’s landing page shows:
Notice those oval buttons in the middle of the screenshot? They show:
- How many ads you have created so far
- Any level of advertising
Each level gives you different information:
- “Process” or “Error” means that the listing is interactive with Amazon
- “Synced” means the listing has been successfully synced with Amazon
- “Linked” tells you how many listings are linked to a particular product in your Amazon account
Just below the navigation bar, you’ll find a table that allows you to filter and sort your product list by:
- Market place (US, Canada, etc.)
- Product name
- Number of versions
- Photos (for linked products)
- ASIN (with link to your Amazon listing)
- Status – Draft, Draft, Synchronized, or Error
- Date of the last update
On the top right, you’ll see a pencil icon that you can click to start editing an existing list. Next to the pencil icon, you’ll find a drop-down menu that allows you to:
- Customize your ad
- Connect or close your ad
- Connect with Amazon (as long as you have an ASIN)
- Export in CSV format
- Show output
- Delete your ads
Finally, on the top right, you will see a blue button labeled “Add Ad”. Click here to start creating a new list.
How to Create a New Amazon FBA List From Scratch
First, make sure you’ve researched your topic using Helium 10’s Magnet tool. (You can also import a keyword list from a file you have.) Compile a strong keyword list, divided into different keywords to include in your own:
- Search Process
Then click “Add ad” and select the “Create from scratch” option.
Select your Amazon Marketplace from the list provided. If you have an ASIN, enter it in the “Add ASIN” field. If you don’t have one, no worries. You can easily install it later.
Next, enter your keyword list into the Keyword Bank on the left side of the page. You can import your list from My List, another Helium 10 tool, or cut and paste from your own file. Or, if you prefer, you can type your keywords manually.
Keyword Bank will automatically organize your keywords for you. Individual keywords will appear in categories, listed in order of frequency. Keyword phrases will appear in a separate section, listed from highest to lowest search volume.
These two sections will code your keywords for importance – red or orange for critical importance; green, blue and gray for less importance, in descending order.
Now that all your keywords are set, start writing your text in the “Create Ad Content” window:
- Type your content directly into the fields shown on the right side of the screen: title, bullet, description, search term. (Or, if you prefer, import your copy from a Word document or Google Doc.)
- Add saved keywords to your keyword bank. Try incorporating these search terms seamlessly into your content. (List Builder offers several options for tracking keywords you use.)
- Make sure you stick to Amazon’s recommended character limit, especially for titles, which shouldn’t exceed 200 characters in total.
- As you write, take note of the prompts provided by the list checker. This helpful tool lets you know “best practices” that can improve your content.
- If you are writing copy for an existing Amazon product, click the “Link” button at the top right each time to link your content to the existing one.
How about promoting an existing Amazon FBA product listing?
With Listing Builder, you can edit your current Amazon product listing at any time. Plus, you can keep track of all your copies… and quickly switch back to the original version if you decide you like it better.
Next, click “Add Ads”. Then click on the “Upload your ad” option. A drop-down menu will appear. Select an existing Vendor or Vendor ID. Next, find the list of products you want to promote.
Product List will find Amazon product listings and import content. Then you can use the Edit function to start tweaking your copy.
Is the listing all done and ready to go? Send it directly to Seller Central
If your listing is related to a specific product – and if you’ve already added that product to Seller Central – click the blue ‘Sync with Amazon’ button in the top right corner of your ‘Create Listing Content Page’. This will deliver your content directly to Seller Central.
Interested in getting started with Listing Builder?
The information here is just a starting point for the Developer. If you are already a Helium 10 user, log in to your account and click on “Developer” and click on the “Learn” button to learn more.
Want to know if Helium 10 is right for you? Listing Builder is only the tip of the iceberg. With premium apps for:
- Subject research
- ASIN search
- Product search
- Amazon PPC advertising
- market monitoring
- Compensation Manager
- Landing page builder
- Product safety
- Video tutorial
- And others
You will love the unique features of Helium 10 and their convenient way to organize and give you the easiest way to the information you need to succeed!